Question
Posted by: SJ | 2011/03/24

Ligt vaginal bleeding

Dear Doctor
I am 30 and I live in a country where there are no gynaecologists, but will be in SA in 2 weeks time. Just wanted advice on whether to have this checked out or not. I am exactly halfway through my menstrual cycle, with my period starting the Monday after next. However I''ve started bleeding lightly 2 days ago (only noticed it that night) and it has not yet stopped. It is very light, but as I''ve never had this, I am a bit worried. I have a very physical job and have been working extra hard the last few days, but nothing that should have caused any damage. Any ideas and should I have it checked out even if it stops?
Thank you!

It could be an ovulation bleed, but if you have never had it before, it is hard to say. Normally, I would say that you should wait and see but if you don't have easy access to a gynaecologist, maybe you should have it checked out. It is a good idea to have regular gynae check-ups any way.

1