Question

Light sleeper

Dear Doc

I have always been a sound sleeper but in the last year have become a light sleeper. Problem is that I have bastards for neighbors that allow their dogs to bark.

I will often wakeup on a Saturday morning because of this. I have thought about earplugs but those seem to become uncomfortable after a while and do not always block out all the dogs.

What can I do?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The first question is: are you a light sleeper even without the dogs barking? If you are, then there may be a problem with your sleep. In that case, even the slightest noise will wake you.

On the other hand, if you are sleeping just fine in the absence of the dogs, then you have a significant neighbour problem. In that case, you have one of two options - try to mask the noise by using something like an air-conditioner, which will allow you to close the windows and hide the noise; or else you are going to need a good lawyer - there are municipal by-laws against making too much noise!

2
Posted by: anon | 2010/12/10

some times you got to tackle the problem at hand....in this case those barking-|-dogs....firstly your selfish neighbours are required by law to have a license for their dogs..they should not have more than 2 dogs , whether male or female, where the total area of the land does not exceed 650 i ? 1/2

Reply to anon
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/12/10

Reply to Sleep expert