Posted by: Talita | 2009-04-03

Light periods

What do extreme light periods mean? Although I change my pantyliners regularly when I have my period, a pantyliner a day would be more than enough protection for my flow. I don' t flow at night and it lasts two days. Too little estrogren? I have been on the pil for 3 months now, it' s even lighter? What' s up? I' m 19 with insulin resistance. Does it mean I may be infertile as I have also got PCOS

Dear Talita

If you have insulin resistance and in addition have been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome then the very light period usually means ovulation may not be taking place. You would have to see your gynaecologist so that he can do the necessary investigations as to determine if ovulation is taking place or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo