Question
Posted by: anon | 2008/11/23

Light patches on back

dear doc
about 3weeks ago i started to get these weird patches on my back that looks like little circles. it spreaded a little bit and converged with some other patches and its quite noticable. its not bumpy or itchy, doesnt hurt or anything. its just little white patches of skin that is lighter in color. is this maybe a fungus of some sort?
if yes, is it a bad thing? can i treat it myself? what ointments can i use to make it go away?

thanks alot doc. have a good day

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a dermatologist, in order to have skin scrapings done, to determine the cause for these patches.

Kind regards