Question
Posted by: Elmarie Lamprecht | 2012-06-04

Light in corner of Eye

I have a problem with my left eye.. it feels like my eye has a sudden light shine in the corner... its like a flash in my corner of my eye.. like someone has shown a flashlight on my eye for a second.. Is it nerves or what and I have a headache and my eyes are so sore...

Elmarie

I am uncertain about the cause and I suggest that you consult an opthalmologist for an examination and treatment.

7

Hi everyone I want to tell you all that after one year Im still battling with my eyes.. Left one is better but not 100 % yet and the right eye is still bleeding and Im still fighting not too loose my eyesight. I have vasculitis in it and was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in February 2013. and thats the reason for my eye problem and also have very bad Osteoarthritis in every bone in my body.. Been on chemo and lots of cortisone. and started Humira (biologics) injections a month ago.. My right eye was lasered on Monday 12/08/2013 again to stop the bleeding. Please look after your eyes and listen to your body. I ignored all the signs and never thought I will battle with all this at the age of 47. Elmarie

Posted by: Elmarie | 2012-07-30

Hi.

Me again.. after going back to the opthamolist three times my eye is bleeding and I have blood blisters in my eye.. he did blood tests and I am waiting for the results. he said I have Retinal Phlebitis and was worried..

I dont know much about it but can say my eye is not well and somedays I cant see properly with it..

xx

Reply to Elmarie
Posted by: Elmarie | 2012-06-12

Hi I went to the opthamalogist on Friday. Had a tear on my retina and he lasered it.. I can still see the flash and floaters but he said it will take time and go away.. I have to see him on the 29th again and he will do a proper examination again to see if there is another tear or not.. just to be safe..

Thanks for all your help

Elmarie xx

Reply to Elmarie
Posted by: Elmarie | 2012-06-05

Thank you so much Dr Anrich.. and everyone else for the comments.. I did make an appointment to see an opthamolist on thursday..

xx

Reply to Elmarie
Posted by: nanny | 2012-06-04

Hi rather go to opthamalogist as advised by cyberdoc. I had something similar and turned out it was the retina that torn, go asap. They lasered mine.

Reply to nanny
Posted by: Elmarie | 2012-06-04

Hi Tanya

Its not Migraine.. its been there for a week now and the headache is not as bad as a migraine.. I know my husband and son has a migraine problem.. even my ears are sore since the weekend.. that can also be the cause of my headache.. but what my concern is the light or flash I dont know what to call this blink I get on the side of my eye.. it comes up and go away and actually is irritating but im worried that if I leave it and not get it sorted that it will get worse .. thank you for the reply.

Reply to Elmarie
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-06-04

Sounds like possible migraine. I''d google this, check your symptoms and take it from there.

Reply to Tanya