Question
Posted by: SUNSHINE | 2009/02/11

LIGHT HEADEDNESS

I HAVE BEEN FEELING LIGHT HEADED FOR THE PAST WEEK OR SO, I DONT HAVE ANY SICKNESSES AND HAVE BEEN FEELING WEAK AT TIMES. WHEN I WENT TO MY GP THE LAST TIME HE SAID MY BLOOD SUGAR WAS A BIT LOW BUT THAT WAS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAD HARDLY ATE ANYTHING SOLID THAT DAY, BUT NOW IM EATING PROPERLY BUT STILL FEEL THIS WAY. IM 30 AND HAVE A 19 MONTH OLD SON, I THOUGHT IT MYT B COS IM CONSTANTLY RUNNING AFTER MY LO SO I TOOK VITAFORCE FOR WOMEN AND IT GOT WORSE SO I STOPPED. PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WAT TO DO.

Dear Sunshine
How does this lightheadedness feel - do you feel like you want to faint ? This can be caused by low blood pressure, heart rythm abnormalities or anemia. If you feel dizzy ( like the earth is spinning around you) this can be caused by a middle ear problem (this is called vertigo) So if this feeling persists, some blood tests and other tests may be needed, like a full blood count and ECG.