Question
Posted by: Gary | 2009-12-01

Light Headed when I laugh

Sometimes when I laugh hard, I become very light headed and feel as if I am about to pass out. This usually happens when I laugh spontaniously. What can cause this.

Hi Gary
Some people have a sensitive vagus nerve and can get dizzy or even faint when laughing, coughing or straining on the toilet. It is usually not dangerous unless you really pass out when this happens. It is important to go to your doctor and exclude any underlying heart disease like an abnormal rythm or a leaking heart valve though. He can do this with an ECG and physical heart examination.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-12-01

Hi Gary

Reply to cyberdoc