Question
Posted by: Monkey | 2011-10-12

Light Depression and Fatique

My husband (57) has lost both his parents over the last 3 months and is under tremensous pressure at work. I feel that he might be suffering from light depression as there was no time to moarn their death and everyday just brings new challenges at the moment. He cannot take time off from work as this will cause him to be even more behind when he gets back and add to the pressure. He is extremely tired, energyless and often sick with flu etc.
Is there an over the counter energy/immune booster and mild anti-depressant that you can recommend to help him through this difficult time. Other than that he is in good health and do not take any chronic mediaction. Appreciate your advice.

Monkey

Your husband does need help but unfortunately, there is no over the counter medication available that will be of real benefit. I suggest that he consults a doctor for an examination and blood tests. There are very effective treatment options available but these are only available with a prescription. His doctor can also make an appointment with a psychologist.