Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/09/29

Lighheaded

I am a female aged 42. For a period of a year I have a feeling of lighheadedness - even when sitting at my desk but also when I stand up. My gp checked my BP and blood sugar as these have been low at times but both were fine. I feel shaky and at the same time get a headache (like a pressure in my head)

I am at my wits end because all the tests are fine but I still feel like this. I also feel quite tired and sluggish at times. I do eat well and I take vitamins

Hallo Linda
This may be due to vertigo (usually a middle ear problem) or orthostatic hypotension ( a drop in the blood pressure when you get up)- this could be due to certain medications like Menograine. You should maybe get a full medical with bloods taken for anemia, thyroid hormone levels, esterogen levels, fasting blood sugar and insulin levels and an ECG to check your heart rythm.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: man | 2010/09/29

early stages of menopause??

Reply to man
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/29

Hallo Linda
dr Bets