Posted by: Nix | 2011-04-05

Ligement pain

Good day,

I am 25 and since i fell pregnant with my child no. 3 my feet started hurting alot between the heal and the toes as if it is a ligament that hurts and not the foot self and it gets worse when i walk a bit more than usual. I am 85kg and 1.72m tall. My baby is now 9 months old and i still have the pain in my feet and sometimes so bad that i can barely walk. It sometimes gets to my heals as well and it is such a intense pain that i have drank panado for in the past but panado is not working that well anymore.

About a month ago the pain started going into my legs like shooting pains and sometimes at night i lay in bed with the worst pain in my legs so that i don’ t know how to lay.... this way or that way or what. About 2 weeks ago i got this weird pain in my arm, almost like it wants to go numb of pain and i need to pull it this and that way to feel a bit of relieve but the pain will stay for hours and the same happened this Sunday. I got something that relaxes the muscles from the pharmacy but it helps a little but i can still feel it is there and i mean it’ s not taking the cause away.

I am currently taking the muscle meds from time to time because it does give met temporary and moderate relieve and i am currently on Calcium and Magnesium supplements for the last month now and i’ m still taking them. I drink lots of milk and i eat vegetables as much as possible. I seriously have no clue what this can be and i don’ t want to go to the GP just to rever me to a specialist and waste R300 so i would be soooooooooo happy if you can maybe just give me and indication as what we are looking at and to what kind of doc i can go to.

O yes i forgot.... the other thing that happens but i also thing it’ s to do with ligaments is that in my ribs i get that same ugggg feeling from time to time... it’ s like a dull pain almost like when you are 8 months pregnant and your baby kicks you in the ribs and you can’ t get her foot out there...

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Nix,
I would recommend you consult with an osteopath in your area. The Osteopath will take time to listen to your story of your symptoms as well as taking a thorough case history. Then you will be examined thorough which will be followed by a diagnosis. The osteopath will then manage your case with treatment which is hands on together with any appropriate advice. I would recommend this course of action in order to identify the cause of the problem thereby ensuring a better recovery.

Posted by: Nix | 2011-04-05

I have to add to my symptoms. Dizzy spells, breathlessness, and off balance sometimes.

Reply to Nix