Question
Posted by: fnd | 2011/05/19

Life''s just crashing down again

I''ve been here before, which maybe makes it so much worse.

I''m unsatisfied with my life, work, failed relationships, meaningless friendships, a boring life with no achievements or prospects.

I have laid out a suicide plan.

But I thought it might be worth seeing a shrink first, as I''ve never tried that.
Any recomendations, also expected price etc.

I do hope that coming here, at any time, never makes things worse ! But this sounds very like a question I do remember receiving not long back - yet you could not ask this, as you do, if you had followed my addvice then, to see a shrink.
As I pointed out there, it's impossible for me or anyone on a website, to keep track of where all the shrinks are, and whether they're any good.
And, as I said last time, without knowing where you live, how could I possibly recommend any particular shrink ? You GP can advise someone local who he knows to be good. DO, PLEASE, see a local shrink for asessment and advice, as there is no need at all for you to feel this hopeless, or to fail to get effective treatment

1