Question
Posted by: Addict | 2010/12/13

Lifelong addictions

I am a 25 year old female. My father commited suicide when I was 14 years old. After his death I started experimenting with marijuana and alcohol. This progressed into harder drugs. I loved the high and the feeling of not caring what others think. My family begged me to stop.

I eventually stopped using these drugs but found myself having a eating disorder. I turned bulemic. It is as if I can''''t cope with some sort of addiction in my life.

I currently smoke sigarettes and marijuana on a daily basis. I want to stop but don''''t have the motivation to do so. I can''''t cope without an ADDICTION!

I need expert advice.

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Hi, thank you for your post. Firstly, I'm very sorry for the loss of your Father, I can't imagine how terrible that must have been for you, especially at such a young age. I recommend coming in to Harmony for an assessment with our Clinical Director - please email me your contact details to melissa@harmonyclinic.co.za so I can call you to make arrangements.
Very kind regards
Melissa

2
Posted by: Billy | 2010/12/18

My husband is an alcoholic. He has been drinking for the past week without really stopping! What could end up happening? Please tell me he will fall down dead soon. The kids and I cannot stand much more of this, at least the verbal abuse has stopped as he is too drunk now, just sleeping most of the time, and stinking up the house.

Reply to Billy
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2010/12/13

Very kind regards
Melissa

Reply to Addictions expert