Posted by: apile | 2011-04-05

I''m 29 and was diagnosed with HIV 11 years ago.I have never had any illness except for shingles when I was expecting my second born in 2004.I took ARV during that period and I''m glad to say he is negative.Generally I have been feeling ok no flu or anything, i do drink and smoke and considering the way I have been living I must say I''m blessed to be in the state I''m''d never tell.
Recently i did my CD4 count and its down to 151, i havent started ARV and my doctor and even AFA have recommended i start but I feel so fine I have started cutting down on the partying and cocentrating more on my diet for I now realise that my CD4 count is very low and I''ve finally reached that stage of WANTING to take care of my body for the sake of my kids.One thing though, I''m not ready to take ARV, I feel I''m so ok that I dnt see a need to take them, I stay with a partner for the past two years who doenst know my status as well, although I have been taking multivitamins and purbac infront of him daily, I''m a bit dazed as to how I will take this medication without him finding out what its really for.
I dont fully understand anatomy of the disease hence I''m asking for your honest opinion based on the information I have given you about my daily livig and the reality of my dropping CD4 count.

Honestly, you should tell your partner immediately about your status. If he gets infected and you did not inform him about your status, you can be charged with a crime and worse case scenario, if he dies, you can be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Your CD4 count is low and this will only get worse if you are not taking ARV's.

Posted by: SM | 2011-04-05

I would kill my partner if he wasn''t honost to me about something so serious as HIV. You should be ashamed of yourself for not telling him as he has a right to know. That is so selfish!!

Reply to SM