Question
Posted by: T | 2008-11-06

Life' s Good - Not a Question

I' ve been in an on and off relationship for EVER. Now in my late twenties, he much older and he still wouldn' t make a commitment, wouldn' t allow for our issues to be sorted out so that we could go somewhere. People getting married all over the place and with me, who' d been at it for way too long, still begging for a proper relationship. I' ve posted on this forum many many times, heart-broken, desperate, etc. And I' m now happy to say I finally found the physical courage to leave  I dont even know if i can call it " courage" , it was too easy - i only had to make the decision  I had a million reasons not to stay any longer.
And yeah, my life' s good  I' m happy. I' m not expecting anything from anyone, and I' m realising that' s all I lived for then: expecting and countless disappointments. There' s no better freedom, I' ve found, than never wondering if he' ll do this and that. I' m in total control  I know what to expect FROM MYSELF.
Here' s to life!...

I'm wondering why this week we've been having so very many questions about relationships qwith age differences ? Pleased to hear you have made a decision you feel satisfied with. Congradulations on discovering that you can be in effective control.

2
Posted by: JK | 2008-11-06

Glad you have moved on. Now please no regrets. This is your life to live now, not anybody else' s.

Reply to JK
Posted by: Bee | 2008-11-06

Congrats girl. I also left a guy that just didn t want to commit after a six year relationship and I met the man I am happily married to today, tow months after we broke up. Anything is possible and you will never regret what you did!

Reply to Bee