Question
Posted by: Mo | 2011/10/11

Life sucks

Hi Doc,

My wife lost her job in July 2010 and from that day onwards i stood by her financially and emotionally. Lately i have been feeling quite awkard and not sure what is happening to me. Most of the time i feel like being alone and i snap quickly when my staff is messing up at work. Sometimes i feel like quitting my job and running away from my life. Please help

Gosh, Mo, sounds like you really need and deserve to see a good local counsellor to help you clarify what is troubling you and how best to sort it out.
Presumably, your wife's losing her job, and perhaps her responses to that, have begun to trouble you in a new way ? Are you perhaps becoming more anxious, and/or depressed, more easily stressed and irritable ?

2
Posted by: Mo | 2011/10/11

Most of the times i''m depressed and i get fustrated over minor issues which then leads to my outburst. I somehow blame myself for everything that has happened to her because i encouraged her to move from her old job to this one that she got fired from.

Reply to Mo