Posted by: VNC | 2008-11-22

life of bad health, no answer

I am 26 and for most of my teenage and adult life I have had problems with regards to stomach pains and my health in general. I have been in and out of hospital, had blood tests, been tested for allergies, had stomach sonar scans, swollowed a camera once to check the inside of my stomach as well as had a brain scan when I was suffering from dizzy spells only to find almost every time-nothings wrong with me. No doctor has ever been able to find anything in particular wrong with me apart from one doctor who told me several years back that I had Gilberts Syndrome (During a stage I suffered terrible stomach cramps/pain due to what they claimed was my eating meat.I then stopped eating meat for a while which seemed to help, once I started again several months later I was completely fine which is why I now think that was absolute BS). I had started smoking 2 years ago and since then my health happened to improve (amazingly???) I now recently stopped smoking and have begun taking Zyban. I was ok for the first month on Zyban but have during the last month begun getting terrible stomach cramps again, (which I presume is not due to the medication as I was fine for about a month). Whenever I go to the doctor they just prescribe me with more medication and I am sick of it as it is not establishing the cause to my problem. I am excercising regularly and am eating healthy with fruits, vegetables, fibre etc. My blood pressure is aparently perfect and I have changed doctors about 5 times as I am tired of constantly paying doctors who are only concerned with making money as appose to establishing why I suffer from such poor health. I am at the point now where I will do absolutely anything to rid myself of bad health, I have considered any healing practices including meditation and spiritual healing which Ive tried. The last 2 weeks I get terrible pains at unusual times, sometimes early morning and sometimes late afternoons, I have kept diaries of what I eat in the day to try to establish if it is due to something I am eating but it is to no avail as no matter what I cut out ill still seem to get cramps. This is a regular occurrence where for two months I will suffer very bad health and then 6 months I am perfectly fine, then it starts over again. Please may someone advise me on any suggestions or any tests you think might root out what causes these problems in my life. I will truly appreciate any help

Thank you for visiting

It is important to collect all your medical information, notes, tests results, scan results (everything you can lay your hands on). After you have done this, I recommend that you consult an internal specialist, as well as a psychiatrist, in order for them to start addressing all your symptoms one by one.

Kind regards