Question
Posted by: CAROLINE | 2008/10/12

LIFE MATTERS

DEAR CS.
I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE WHEN I WAS 14 MY PARENTS NEEDED TO FIGURE THINGS OUT AND LEFT ME WITH MY GRANDPARENTS WHICH WAS FINANCIALLY AND EMOTIONALLY TOUGH. MY GRANDPARENTS BOTH PASSED AWAY ILLNESS AFTER A MOTOR CAR ACCIDENT. I' M NOW STAYING WITH MY PARETNS AGAIN BUT THEY CANT UNDERSTAND ME THE THING IS I WAS BEING RAPED FOR THREE YEARS AND LASTLY FELL PREGNANT I MUTILATED MYSELF TO MISCARRY AND CONTINUED MUTILATING MYSELF, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BI POLAR AND BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER, MY MOTHER DOESNT BELIEVE IN MENTAL ISSUES SO I HIDE EVERYTHING BUT I CANT ANYMORE I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT HURTING MYSELF AND I CANT CUT BECAUSE ABOUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO I PROMISED GOD. CAN YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT NIGHT TERRORS? I KEEP FEELING LIKE THE DEVIL IS JOKING ME AND I LITERALLY CANT BREATH OR MOVE ITS LIKE I JUST PRAY AND EVENTUALLY IT GOES AWAY BUT ITS CAUSING ME TO NOT WANT TO SLEEP. IS THIS MAYBE A TERROR? THE GUY THAT RAPED ME ALSO COMES TO TOWN AND I HAVE TO RUN AWAY. PLEASE HELP ME I' M TERRIFIED.

At times someone may find it hard to figure things out in their lives --- and probably they then ought to doso with the aid of a counsellor. Simply taking "time out" or seeking a geographical solution by moving somewhere else, rarely works. And when it comes to a situation such as you describe, with parents effectively abandoning a child to pursue their own more selfish aims, that is not justifiable. NO wonder your mother ignorantly "doesn't believe in mental issues " --- she took her own seriously enough, its apparently only those of other people she doesn't recognize. You need to see a good local shrink for a full assessment and advice on treatment options. Night Terrors are more typical of young shildren, and may not be what is troubling you now --- but a comprehensive assessment may clarify this. Maybe these are panic attacks ?

2
Posted by: Anonym | 2008/10/13

It is very scary cause when you wake up you can' t move, it happened to me many years ago but is gone now but its not night terrors.

Reply to Anonym
Posted by: Maria | 2008/10/12

Caroline, you need and deserve help urgently. How old are you? Please call Lifeline on 0861 322 322, your gp/psychiatrist or psychologist. You need therapy and treatment. Just because your mother doesn' t believe in mental problems doesn' t mean they don' t exist! If you' re still at school, speak to a teacher you trust for help.

Take care and hang in there.

Reply to Maria