Question
Posted by: Sandy by any other name | 2012/10/24

Life is over-rated NAH IT ISN''T

Well I felt truly saddled down with a mom to take care of (ill and destitute) whilst my brothers live it up not giving a fig. I had problems at work. I am overweight. I had health issues. I was broke. I still BATTLE financially. I still have all the above but I make it work.
I have realised that I am chosen to look after my mom because I am the one that can. I can work it out with y boss. I can walk around the block or up and down the stairs at work during my lunch-time. I can buy good food choices (rubbish costs more). I can be close to God. I truly believe that we are put on this earth to meet people we can help or that can help us.
I had a disastrous childhood - I have a friend that went through the same thing. We helped each other.
My ex had Ankylosing. Another friend was in the dark and I have been able to help and guide her as her illness progresses.
My mom is a joy to me. She is feisty, she is expensive, we fight, we love - she won''''t always be here and then I am going to miss her like mad.
I do not have a boyfriend and was never married. I am planning to go online (carefully) to find my "  one"  when I am ready. My last boyfriend was an Atheist and I kicked him out after 13 years but I can see the good in what we had too.
So, we are strugging we cannot see the reason for things but look at who you can help through something and it is not financial. Start blessing people with tiny gifts or small things you can do - its amazing and that is the purpose.
A good meal is precious, a movie is precious, flowers are precious, people are precious. Small things matter. Focus on making your patch happy and bring happiness to someone else. The news on TV is sad and scary make your own little world a happier place and make it happier for someone else. Remember things when people tell you something and then ask about it a week later. Bless a colleague with one flower and a bow, make an extra lunch for someone. Buy a gift for somebody when you can. Buy a 2nd hand potter and put a plant in it for someone. Visit someone ill. Your own circle of people have issues trust me. Get together once a week and have fun. Put in a bit of money each and make it fun. You can do a lot on very, very little. Go walk on the beach.

Thank you so much for so perfectly illustrating how one can ( and should ) construct value, worth and beauty out of what life faces us with, rather than waitin for perfection to arrive.

1