Question
Posted by: Emma | 2010/01/28

Life changes

Dear CS

I am not sure if you this is a question for you, but I am hoping you can give more more insight. I am wanting to know how it is possible that a person can change thier way of life?

Just to give you some detail. I grew up in a family where money and status was everthing. With that came the whealing and dealing, the affairs and the divorces. At the time I just accepted that life style, although I always felt I did not fit in.

Since my second divorce 5 years ago I have changed. I live alone in a small 2 bedroom flat, earn a modest income, and socialize with people who are nothing like my " friends "  of my past life. Now I feel lile a new person. I did not like the life I led before. I am much happier living this more humble life style.

The people in my life now don' t even know what kind of backround I come from.

I am just not sure why, to me it feels like I have had a personality change. Is that possible?

When you think of it, many people change their ways of life - some for the better, some for the worse. You sound like you have become a most excellent new variety of yourself ( none of us are monoliths ) - and congratulations to you !

2
Posted by: Rick | 2010/01/28

You have answered your own question and lived it through, by moving away from the life that you had to the life you experience now, you have changed and it sounds like for the best.

There is nothing wrong with a change, maybe this person who you are now is who you have always been, and now you are reverting back.

Many people with they could reinvent themselves, but find the shift too much to bear.

Congrats to you, you deserve happiness.

Reply to Rick