Posted by: Syllable | 2008-12-17

Life after Roaccutane

How long after completing my course of Roaccutane will my skin be " normal"  again? I mean, when will I be able to wax again, when will my lips start to be less dry, etc. And how long will I have to wait before doing chemical/laser resurfacing. Which is better, laser or chemicals?
Also, while I was on Roaccutane I doubled my anti-depressants (with the approval of my doctor). I' d like to go back to my single dosage - when would be the best time to do that?

Dear Syllable
I think one should wait about 3 months after the Roaccutane treatment before you start waxing and discuss with your dermatologist about the laser/chemical resurfacing - it depends on how deep the current scars are. You can gradually reduce your antidepressant dosage - start with halving the dose every 3 days for a month and then every 2 days for 3 weeks and then go to the single dose.