Posted by: Be | 2009-10-07

life after husbands infidelity

My husband had an affair a year ago - says that it ended when we moved away and i said i forgave him and that we had to work on rebuilding what he betrayed after 37 years of marriage but now i see that he is still phoning her and emailing her.He told me he stopped contact with her and that the relationship cooled but if he is still in contact and still wants our marriage to work why would he still be in contact and what do you think this means. I would like to confront him but it is like opening up wounds and not letting them heal. How can i approach this issue to find out what and why he is still communicating with her. If i tell you i trusted this man with my soul and never doubted his intregity i was totally devastated and he compromised my intregrity and values but i was willing to rebuild and forgive as i feel we have something very real and he says that we are meant to be together and that he was really sorry.
should i keep quiet and see or should i confront? It is so hard to accept the betrayal.

I responded the other time this question was posted

Posted by: Kelly | 2009-10-07

Why do you need to know what and why he is communicating to her about?Would that help any?
Fact is he is still betraying you after you forgave him and after he told you he had stopped.
For some reasom her can' t let go of this other women, maybe he feels that what he had/has with her is real too and just cannot decide.
End of the day he is still not respecting you and you have to leave.No use asking him to stop again if this is his attitude after all that you have been through before regarding his cheating ways.

Reply to Kelly