Question
Posted by: m | 2010/08/22

Q.

liesbreek en oefen

Hi Dok,
Ek was onlangs vir ''n liesbreek herstel. Na die 6weke ondersoek kon ek nog steeds nie maag oefeninge doen nie, agv van erge pyn. Die chirurg het gesê  ek moet dit los as ek pyn het,maar dis al 3maande later en ek kan nog steeds geen sit ups, crunches of " plank"  oefeninge doen nie. My maagspiere is pap en ek voel gefrustreerd oor ek so moet sukkel. Wat kan ek doen om my maagspiere weer sterk te kry?, dis belangrik vir my omdat ek fietsry en my hele rug pyn agv swak maagspiere. Gee asb raad. Dankie.

Expert's Reply

A.

Hi m

Have you tried pilates? It sounds like the problem is caused by movement, and maybe with a bit of Pilates, you'll get the stability and the control back. And then be able to move onto those exercises. I would imagine that after surgery that would damage some nerve/muscle, one of the most important things to get back is that ability to activate the muscle. So not only is the muscle weak, it's also that you can't activate it fully.

So I'd try pilates. If you can't do that, then I think you probably need to find out whether this is a normal thing this long after surgery. I can't answer that one, but it might be that it takes 4 to 6 months, I'm not sure.

1
user comments
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/08/27

Hi m

Reply to fitnessdoc

Want to comment?