Question
Posted by: Anon woman | 2011-09-15

Lies

I cant stop lying!! I am a married 32 year old female and I find myself lying to colleauges and friends even family about small little things. I am not talking about big ugly lies but just little white lies to make my life seem more intresting to others, for example I will lie to people about things hubby and me did but we never actually did.
how can I stop this I feel bad and all these lies are making me ugly.

You CAN'T stop lying ? That's a lie ! You CAN. You haven't yet done so, and you're unlikely to stop while you keep convincing yourself its not possible.
Its called Pathological Lying when you lie even when likely to be discovered or when there's really no benefit. Underlying this, it sounds like a sad lack of self-esteem - why wouldn;t your actual like and personality be interesting enough without being decorated by falsities ? Lying is indeed ugly, and when, inevitably, it is discovered, you look more foolish and less interesting. See a counsellor and deal with this ; learn to be proud of who you and your husband actually are, and what you actually do.
Recognizing that this is a bad habit is the essential first step ; now see a counsellor and unlearn the bad habit, and learn to enjoy who you really are and what you really do

7

Posted by: Sia | 2011-09-16

Anon I think u should c a psychologist, lying is a problem. I have a cousin sister who lies with big things, its a good thing that u realised that u have problem.

Reply to Sia
Posted by: Seriously Worried | 2011-09-16

That is good news,l know some seriously ugly people who never lie as far as l know.
l am sorry that Anon Woman has a really ugly soul but as obvious says if she knows its wrong to tell lies why not just stop. Is lying addictive like cigarettes or alchol?
If she continues to lie what are the benifits? her colleges will find out eventually about her ugly sole. She will be very lonely at work if she is not truthful. l hope shrink can help with a soul makeover he is very clever and has a beautiful soul-not at all ugly.

Reply to Seriously Worried
Posted by: Anon woman | 2011-09-16

Anon is right

Reply to Anon woman
Posted by: Anon | 2011-09-16

I dont think she is talikng about physical ugliness, I think she means her soul.

Posted by: Seiriously Worried | 2011-09-15

l do not understand why does lying make you ugly? Where you attractive before you started this? Does lying have physical repercussions? l tell white lies,will l get wrinkles or a big nose like Pinnocio?

Reply to Seiriously Worried
Posted by: Obvious | 2011-09-15

Why not just tell the truth?
Liars always get caught out in the end - then it is difficult to regain your integrity with those u have lied 2!

Reply to Obvious