Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012/08/07

Lie 2 Boss

Morning all - 9 days to my surgery. Yesterday when i came into work i was going to tell the boss and his wife, however over the weekend one of the reps drove his company car and passed out drunk and had a huge accident. The other car and the company car is written off etc. To make a long story short the boss went around telling everybody not to tell anybody but he was telling everyone this guys was driving drunk and passed out.

So i there and then decided to stick with " its private"  he then sent his wife to me to ask me and she comes all caring and i know her first stop will be the bosses office - so i stayed with the gall bladder operation.

IF one day the truth comes out i will remind him how he that morning went around spreading the gossip. Hopefully it never comes to that.

I have in the meantime asked and received 2 numbers of others that have had the operation - and im feeling alot more at ease and ready to do it.

At least with this op the fat stays off.

Thanks for all the advice.

A sometimes useful variant of "it's private" can be "it's rather technical, and I'm not sure I altogether understand it myself". And in this particular situation, you can add, with a pleasant smile "At least I don't think it'll affect my driving !"
Otherwise, bon voyage !

3
Posted by: Jen | 2012/08/07

Hi FFB, good to hear you are looking forward to it.

Keep to your lie, as unfortunate as it is that you''ve had to lie, and just keep remembering that at the end of the day, it is none of their business. You are entitled to have days off for surgeries, you are entitled to have your respect and your privacy.

Good luck and keep us updated. :)

Reply to Jen
Posted by: Just saying | 2012/08/07

I am so happy for you that you are ready for this new phase in your life. t''s just a pity that you''ve had to resort to " a little white lie"  but hey - you''ve got lots to look forward to, so enjoy it, and keep up posted of your progress.

Reply to Just saying

Otherwise, bon voyage !