Posted by: lisa | 2008-11-11

lichen planus

hello doctor

i went to a new gynae and explained to her that my previous gynae put me on medication after medication after medication! but nothing resolved my thrush and disharge. she took a pap smear and it showed a severe thrush infection. she put me on sporanox (4 tablets) and canestan vaginal cream for 5 days. i went back for a follow up app and i told her the medication she prescribed did not work, and now she is telling me i might have lichen planus, because my uterus is all red and swollen. she wants to do a punch biopsy next week. what should i expect? she didnt have much time to see me today, so couldnt get too much info. have you ever seen a case of this lichen planus before??

Lichen planus is a skin condition which can cause itching. I presume you are having a biopsy of the vulva. This will be done under anaesthetic. A sample will be sent to the lab in order to see if this is the diagnosis.

Posted by: Rix | 2008-11-12

Go to Google and search Lichen Planus. You' ll get plenty info on it, and will also be able to compare your symptoms with that of the sites.

Reply to Rix