Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2010/03/08

Lice

Hi Doctor,

I am 37 years old and have lice!! How embarrassing!! My 3 year old bought it home. I am using Tea Tree Oil spray for lice, but it is now the third day and I can still feel them running about on my scalp. I have combed my hair and found 20. Is there anything else I can use to kill them? I am reluctant to cut my shoulder length hair.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Shoes
Please don't cut your hair! Wash with Lycleer/Gambex (These are safe to use if you follow instructions carefully) rinse with vinegar water and conditioner. Blowdry with warm air, and then comb out your hair with the fine lice comb. You may need to repeat the process after 24 hours. Spray your hair with Paraspray, try to avoid getting the Paraspray on your skin, this will prevent re-contamination.
See http://www.health24.com/medical/Head2Toe/777-778-781,11855.asp#art_13

3
Posted by: TC | 2010/03/08

My hairdresser told me to colour my son''s hair after he had lice. It worked like a bom. You can buy haircolour form anywere and it does not need to be the permanent one, can be the 6 weeks one as well. She also told me that if you do not want to colour your hair, to use peroxide (sp). The one with the lowest volume in it. This kills the lice immidiately and dries out the " eggs"  and they fall of while you rinse your hair. Good luck

Reply to TC
Posted by: Lala | 2010/03/08

I used controlice and they have a controlice lice buster comb which removes the nits from your head. Just dont buy the controlice triple comb- does not work (I took it back to the pharmacy and the gave me the lice buster - very effective) Controlice is a natural product and it worked for my daughter.
Good luck.

Reply to Lala
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/08

Dear Shoes

Reply to cyberdoc