Question
Posted by: Mark | 2009/11/26

Libido etc

I am in the unfortunate position of being unattached at 52,however,what adds to the frustration,is that unlike most men[judging on what Ive read]my libido is far fiercier than ever,and my erections are stronger than when I was 20.A possible explanation of this is that I have been on a regular grueling fitness programme for the last twenty years.
Is there any other explanation for this?and do others experience the same thing?

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

You have self explained it - ageing by no means equals sexual dysfunction. In fact man and women can stay sexually functional and satisfied for as long as they maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid chronic illnesses. It's the illnesses and the medication needed to treat these diseases that cause sexual dysfunction.

Or are you merely bragging:) I know you are not.. I tease you.. I do, however, hear the real issue that drives you to write : loneliness. I hope there is some fun in your life and all is not gruelling discipline. Sex play , love, flirting and dating are all part of the good life- perhaps you need to indulge here a little. I of course hope you are masturbating... Put yourself into the world, meet people, let go a little and have fun:)

2
Posted by: Zakes | 2010/02/11

I am living with HIV and my erection has been weak even before I knew of my status. Round one seems to be okay but my penis becomes soft so quickly. What might be the problem?

Reply to Zakes
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2009/11/28

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert