Question
Posted by: Linda | 2010/09/02

Libido and medication

I am a 36 year old female on cipralex. It has completely taken my sex drive away. I never had the problem before the medication. Is there an alternative med for anxiety that wont have this side effect or a supplement that I can take?

Dear Linda,

Often when medical practitioners prescribe medications, sadly they neglect to consider and discuss the possible sexual side effects with patients. I would suggest you return to the Dr who prescribed the medication and request an alternative medication with less of a side effect.

The challenge is that many anti-anxielitic meds have sexual side effects.

2
Posted by: Chris | 2010/09/02

This will be an answer for me as well. Did it just stop or did you loose your libido over time? Did you stop having sex? I think that this can be what happened to my wife.

Reply to Chris
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/09/02

Dear Linda,

Reply to sexologist