Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2010-05-26

Libido and bipolar

I was diagnosed as bipolar in January this year and I''ve been taking 1000mg of Epilim per day for 5 months and lately, my libido has dropped to almost zero. How can I fix this?

You need to discuss this with your prescribing doctor, as a range of different meds can be used to treat this condition. You don't say, but imply that the Epilim is your SOLE therapy ( I wondered, because many antidepressants and other such drugs can also have this effect ). None of them has this effect in everyone, so it should be practical to find you an efective mood stabilizing med that doesn't have this impact on you

1