Question
Posted by: Zoë  | 2008/10/28

Libido &  Antidepressants

Can you please tell me if CIlift can lower a man' s libido and if so what kind of antidepressant can he use in the place of cilift?

Whilst a lowering of libido is one of the side effects of many antidepressant medications, it is also a symptom of depression itself, so I would recommend discussion with the prescriber (GP or psychiatrist) to find out whether an alternative is appropriate. It's not always as simple as just switching to another drug as Cylift may be the best for managing his depression; on the other hand, it also MAY just be as simple as switching, so speak to the prescriber about this worrisome problem.

3
Posted by: Charl | 2008/10/29

I' m also on CLIFIT for the last year and a half and surely it does lower a man' s libido, especially in the beginning. Just hang in there, it does get better. My libido is back to where it was and the anti depressants made a magnificent change on my life quality, will never stop it. Good luck.

Reply to Charl
Posted by: Sg | 2008/10/28

I was once advised that there is only 1 anti depressant that does not effect your Libido- I don' t know which one.However,it has a side effect of putting on weight in a lot of cases.I suggest you ask your dr about this

Reply to Sg
Posted by: Maxine | 2008/10/28

hello there

I was also diagnosed with depression and is currently on CILIFT, however what I' ve discovered, from being extremely sexual I' m now never in the mood.

Reply to Maxine