Question
Posted by: Di | 2010/04/06

Libido

Hi I am 42 and still very healthy, my gynae sais that I am still in good shape and not anywhere near menopause,.but my sex drive is low, and I find I dont get very wet anymore, but am not sure if a gynae has a treatment he could give me, am also a bit shy to discuss my wetness with him, so would like to ask you first if it appropriate, and what could he do or recommend,that is scientificaly proven, also is this common, I have read that gynaecology originally helped with a womans libido, but I fear that this has changed in the modern age to pregnancy and pap smears, so I''m unsure as to if my gynae could help.

A sexologist would handle libido problems. In your case, it may be hormonal as these changes can start well before menopause. You could try KY jelly for the dryness. Testosterone implants are sometimes used to incease libido and you can discuss this with your gynaecologist.

3
Posted by: Momof3 | 2010/04/07

Hi Di

Yes, it is normal as we age to become dryer &  not soo interested in sex as we used to be, but with love &  foreplay your hubby can get you wet. I am turning 50 next week &  have 3 teenagers . You can also use a cream from the chemist specially for lubrication or Clicks. K-Y jelly..Just a dab goes a long way - just to get you started. You can rub some on his penis or you can rub some on your clitoris or he can. Works wonders.
A little extra fun with a vibrator never hurts either. Rub it over his penis too to make him more excited as well. PS: been married for almost 30yrs :) Have fun and play with each other will make you more wet as well.

Reply to Momof3

Posted by: A | 2010/04/06

My gynae recommended a vibrator, he also showed me where my g spot is and clitioral stimulation techniques, I took his advise and got a vibrator, and taught my hubby what I learnt, the whole thing has revitalsied our sex life. A lot of it I think, was just the stress of life, and having nothing new and exciting, my gynae also gave me some good sex tips, on sex play during the day etc, at first I didnt feel like it, but promised my gynae to follow the course, and it is now wonderful. These doctors are professionals on more than just pregnancies and pap smears, and if your gynae is a man, he knows even better as to the importance of these things, so dont be so shy honey, he is trained to address all issues, and has heard everything before.Your gynae appointment is probably your most intimate examination, so take advantage and discuss any issues that are bothering you.

Reply to A