Question
Posted by: SC | 2009/11/18

Libido

What can I get/take to increase my libido, I am using Herbology' s product, but its not working, have no libido after the birth of my second child and I am only 30 years old.

It is quite common for young mothers to have low libido. There is no magic ‘pill’ to take for this. It is useful to understand the factors that can negatively influence libido. Some include stress, exhaustion and possible resentment due to multiple roles e.g. juggling mothering, work, home responsibilities and negative body image. You need to identify the cause for your loss in sexual interest before you can do anything about it, once identified, it's likely you'll need your partner's support to make relevant changes that can move you closer to how you once were. This might include him sharing some of the load so that you know it's not all up to you (and that he is hearing your concerns), you taking some time for yourself to feel like an individual again, focusing on the couple relationship and not just the children, and enhancing your sexual relationship however you can - use of lubricant, sex toys, or fantasy to turn you on - you might find that desire emerges when you become aroused. Some women find that once they start engaging in sensuous activity, they really enjoy it! Expert opinions are provided by the SA Sexual Health Association: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/11/18

Reply to Sexologist