Question
Posted by: M | 2009-10-21

Libido

Since I had my baby 13 months ago, I have lost my sex drive. Im never in the mood. Is there something that I can take as I feel very sorry for my husband.

Dear M
Following the birth of a child many physical, emotional and hormonal changes occur which can all have an impact on your sex drive. These include painful sex due to healing stitches or infection, low mood and depression, lack of sleep and physiological changes due to breast-feeding or contraception. You should try to identify factors that may influence your sex drive: usually with a baby in the house it is being too tired or too stressed. Let your doctor check your full blood count for anemia, and your thyroid hormone levels. Let him review your contraceptive tablet prescription as this could also be the culprit. Sometimes one should not wait to feel in the mood but make an appointment with your husband once ( or a few times!) per week to spend time together and let things develop....

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-10-21

Dear M

Reply to cyberdoc