Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-09-07

Liar Liar

Cs I told my bf something a while back right and when we chatting and I bring it up he says I never said that.
Or he tells me something and when it comes up he denies ever saying that but I can so remember his exact words, what we were doing etc
Now, he does not have a bad memory and I know he is totally lying to me when he says he never says those things because it would be thing he should remember, important things.
So how could he lie to my face like that.
Also it' s not like there' s anyone else around that he needs to defend himself, It' s me!
Just the two of of and he feels he needs to lie like that in my face.
I cannot believe it when it happens! I mean I get so upset because how do you prove to someone they said something that was said between the two of you when he is downright denying it all.
Ok I know its pointless but at that point I' m so in disbelief that I cannot help it.
This has happened a couple of time and I want to know if he is a liar.
As I mentioned before we are planning to get married, will he be doing the same thing then and making it out to seem like I' m insane or making things up.
Even worse is if he can do it between the two of us alone what about when other people are involved!!!
I don' t know what to think

He may be misremembering, rather than lying, but without far more details than we can discuss here, it's hard to tell from a distance. Are these really REALLY important things you are arguing about ? Why do you feel suh a need to Prove to him that he said one thing and not another ? See a couples counsellor together and sort this out long before you approach marriage

1
Posted by: Girl | 2009-09-07

He could be lying or he could be like my sister. She stays with me and suffers from depression, and when she is not on her meds I can have lengthy conversations with her and plan a whole weekend just to get to friday and she knows nothing and will swear that I never discussed it with her and the opposite happen where she will tell me the same thing over and over and every time she thinks it is the first time she told me!

I refer to it as the times when she is stuck in " lalaland" .

Reply to Girl