Posted by: Mama | 2009-04-06

LH Surge

Hi Dr
I am going to attempt to use the Shettles method in hopes of conceiving a girl. I know it is not accurate and at the end of the day you are blessed with what God gives you but I thought it was worth a try anyway as I have two boys and this will be my last bundle of joy.
If I use an ovulation kit to determine ovulation should I have intercourse when I see my LH surge and then abstain as I believe that once the surge is detected the egg is due to be released in 24 to 36 hours so if the theory is correct and I have intercourse once I see the surge there will be about 24 hours for the male sperm to die off and the female sperm to hopefully be waiting for my egg.
Thanks for your input and please don' t think I am mad for going to such extremes to get a baby girl.

Yes that is correct. Ideally you should have intercourse 48 hours before ovulation, but there is no accurate way of knowing when this is.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-04-07

Yes, what you have said is correct. Good luck.

Reply to Dee