Question
Posted by: marion | 2009-10-07

lexamil vs proxac

Hi I have been on Lexamil 20 mg per day for the last five months to help with menopause and death of father, prior to that I was on Prozac 20 mg. I am not sure if the Lexamil is the right thing, can I switch back without tapering, if I have to taper how do you advise I do this. I hope to come off everything within the next six months.thanks
Marion

Antidepressants as such don't usually greatly help deal with bereavement or menopause. So it'd be wise to see either the same shrink or a different shrink ( for a second opinion ) for a re-assessment of the situation,. and a fresh thought about how best to manage it. IF he/she felt switching to a different medication would be best, they'd advise you at that time about tapering or switching, as this depends in part on the precise nature of the different drugs as well as on your overall condition