Posted by: Pregnant with depression | 2011-09-30

Lexamil in pregnancy

Hello, I was on Lexamil (10mg) before i found out i was pregnant i have now stopped using it and would like to know when in my pregnancy can i start using it again. Im in my 11th week now.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Escitalopram (the active ingredient of Lexamil) may cause harm to the fetus if it is used during the LAST 3 months of pregnancy. I'd therefore advise agains using it in pregnancy and only start again on the advice of your doctor.

Teresa I highly doubt the lexamil caused the slight ADD. I wasn't on lexamil during my pregnancy, only ate organic foods and my son (now 2) has slight ADD and his IQ is above average too.

Posted by: Teresa | 2011-12-08

Lexamil during pregnancy. I have read your comments. I was told by my gyny that this was fine however i am not sure if i did take this the last three months of my pregnancy. My child is now 7 years old. He has some signs of ADD however his IQ assessment with an education physiologist rates him above average.
If you state that Lexamil causes harm in the last three months of the pregnancy then what is the " HARM" . you advice will be greatly appreciated

Reply to Teresa