Question
Posted by: sorry | 2008/10/05

lexamil and sex

i am so disappointed with lexamil i cannot reach an orgasm
no matter what. my husband and i have always had a good
sex life but i am so sorry i am now going to stop this awful drug
i was on wellbutrin but did not experience this at all but put on wieight so i changed. wot now i am not actually depressed just suffer tense anxious moments especially with teenage kids and varsity kid and worries. these drugs kept me calm without bursting out at any little thing - do you have another suggestion
to just keep me calm - no weight gain - oh and by the way i drink far too much - help i have a family history of alcohol abuse and deaths from booze. what can i do. when i am good i feel so good but then at the end of a certain day i feel i need it like iam neer going to have it again. i am drinking now because it is monday tomorrow and i have to try and be good but by wednesday i hit the bottle again. is there any drug that can make me not want to drink and keep me calm in trying times

Almost all antidepressants have the effect in SOME of those who take them, of reducing libido or impairing orgasm ; Wellbutrin seems not to have this effect. ALL, similarly, can be associated with weight gain in some people, but this can usually be controlled by careful diet and exercise, and if the drug otherwise suits you, this might be acceptable. YOu seem now to be describing a degree of anxiety and agitation related to actually stressful life events, and for this CBT style counselling / therapy would be best, as it obviously does not have the side-effects you don't want, and is proven effective, helping you to regain control of such situations.
BUT--- cut out the drinking ( slowly if you're used to taking quite a large amount per day ). It only feels as though its calming ; alcohol is a very depressing drug, leads to weight gain, and undermines the antepressant benefits of all such drugs. It also reduces your self-control, so would indeed contribute to your "bursting out" pattern.
I think you need to see a good local psychiatrist for a full assessment and then a discussion of treatment options, to stop drinking altogether, and then see what remains in terms of depression or anxiety, and how best to deal with that. Again, CBT counselling is excellent for anxiety, depression, and controlling drinking or smoking behaviour

2
Posted by: Ria | 2009/10/22

I suffer from anxiety attacks taking lexamil gained weight safe to take ciplatrim with it

Reply to Ria
Posted by: sorry | 2008/10/07

what is CBT counselling?

Reply to sorry