Posted by: Blom | 2011-05-18

Lexamil and pregnant

Please help me, I just found out that I''m pregnant and currently on Lexamil 20mg (I was put on this after the birth of my first child about 3years ago, mostly for Anxiety),

I''m not currently in SA and thus its difficult to get hold of my doctor.

Is it safe to take this medication or should I completely stop it and wait until I can speak to my doctor, in a weeks time. I''m scared this can affect my unborn child (im about 5weeks pregnant).

Thank you!

Lexamil is considered safe to use during the first six months of pregnancy but it was found to be harmful to the baby in the last three months of pregnancy. I therefore, suggest that you continue using the product until you have discussed it with your doctor, as you will have to wean yourself of the product to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

I have read that some antidepressants can give a negative reading on a home pregnancy test. I have stopped taking my lexamil and now have a positive result. Can it be that I have been pregnant for some time or only became pregnant recently?