Question
Posted by: Anna | 2009/07/24

Lexamil and pregnancy

I am very anxious going off my meds when we plan to fall pregnant. I am SO scared I will go back to that dark place again.

Discuss this in detail with your psychiatrist. Some antidepressants are safer in pregnancy than others, and the risk might be less han going through a pregnancy if a major depression returned. Also, your depression should not be treated solely with medication, and CBT ( Cognitive Behaviour Therapy ) is highly effective in treating depresion, and could be very helpful, and protecive during pregnancy.