Question
Posted by: keri | 2010-04-22

Lexamil

HI there

I have been on lexamil for 3 years now. About 2 weeks ago I stopped taking them, I did not wean myself off. Emotionally I am feeling great but I am struggling with dizziness. How long will it take for the dizziness to subside. Some days are worse than others.

Thanks!

Usually this sort of symptom doesn't last more than 2-3 weeks, as the drug doesn't last so long in the body, and the body's own chemistry re-adjusts. But now you know why it's adviseable (a) to not stop meds without checking with your doctor as to whether to do so, and how to do so, and (b) to do so gradually.

1