Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/01/07

lexamil

Hi doc. Over Dec my anxiety got really bad so I had to go to my GP as my psychiatrist was away on leave already. He gave me a prescription for 2.5mg of Lexamil for 14 days with the 30mg of adco mirteron I was already taking prescribed by my psych. The Lexamil has now finished and I have made an appt. with my psych but she can only see me next week. I dont want to get more Lexamil as I want my pychiatrist to reasses my situation. Would it be ok if I just stopped the Lexamil as it was such a small dose anyway or should I still wean myself off these? Thanks.

I'm wanting to feel sure which drug you are taking, as there is an unfortunate potential confusion of names - Lexomil is one generic name for the benzo chemically clled Bromazepam ; Lexamil is a generic form of the antidepressant Escitalopram. For the first, the dose seems low enough, and for a short enough period, to be unlikely to cause problems if you stop. For the second, the AD, I'd have expected doses of 10 or 20 mg, and can't quite picture 2.5 mg as a dose. At such a low dose, and again after a rather short period, it too should be OK to stop - especally as you're due to see your own psychiatrist reasonably soon

1