Question
Posted by: Tiger | 2009-03-16

Lexamil

Since been on Leximal and Solian I have not had a period. Would taking a contraceptive pill regulate my periods??? Which one would you recommend? My prolactic levels are very high in that my breasts start leaking during the day. How do I reduce them?

Expert ImagePharmacist

T

You really need to discuss this with your doctor. Yes, there are prescription drugs available to regulate your period, and this may include a oral contraceptive. The solian is the cause of the excessive prolactin - Your dose may need to be altered, or even stopped. There is also prescription medication available to reduce prolactin levels.