Question
Posted by: Cel | 2009-02-09

Lexamil

Message:
HI there,

My partner is always sad and depressed and just really down ALL the time! I have heard that Lexamil is a really great anti depressant, but im also reading it can hav some awful side effects and i wouldnt want him to feel worse.. what do you know about this new drug?

I am also assuming that i need a script for this? Can i obtain one from our GP? How much will we be spending a month?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Cel

Dear Cel
There are many different antidepressants on the market and when a psychiatrist or GP examines a patient, he chooses which one would work best taking into consideration the patient's current symptoms and individual circumstances. Not all drugs work for all patients. Antidepressants can cost anything from about R120 to R700 per month depending on the type of drug prescribed.

2

Noted yr comment on alcohol. I have a glass or two of wine most evenings &  take my Lex at night - Is this bad / harmful

Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-09

I take Lexamil and dont have any side effects from this product. 10mg a day cost R150 for 30 tablets.
I have tried 7 other AD meds and this is the only one that works