Posted by: Cel | 2009-02-09

HI there,

My partner is always sad and depressed and just really down ALL the time! I have heard that Lexamil is a really great anti depressant, but im also reading it can hav some awful side effects and i wouldnt want him to feel worse.. what do you know about this new drug?

I am also assuming that i need a script for this? How much will we be spending a month?

Thanks for your help!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lexamil is a new generic for a product (Cipralex that have been on the market for some time). It does work for many, but others have found that they do not respond to it. This is one of the safer antidepressants to take.

You will need a prescription for your doctor, but he may still decide to put your partner on something else.

You can expect to pay between R185 and R225 for 30 of the 10mg tablets

Posted by: Mel | 2009-07-06

I have been on 20mg Cipralex once daily for 4 months. It has been highly effective if treating my panic disorder &  general anxiety. However, my medical aid will only cover the generic Lexamil under their chronic medication benefit, which my Doctor has agreed to. Due to the effectiveness of Cipralex, I am reluctant to change, even for a generic replacement. Please can you give me your opinion on Cipralex vs Lexamil (if Lexamil is a suitable generic replacement), and if there will be a noticeable effect when switching to Lexamil, even if only temporary. Many thanks.

Reply to Mel

Can the pill be taken with lexamil?

Posted by: Anita | 2009-04-16

My doctor subsribe Lexamil to me, because my colon goes into spasma. It realy work, I even urine beter. I just need to know I use only a half a tablet a day and battle to loose weight. Can it have any effect on my weight loss?

Reply to Anita
Posted by: Lana | 2009-02-18

Hi there,

What side effects can one expect from lexamil? Does it have any effect on the pill?

Reply to Lana