Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/02/18

Lexamil 10mg and Weight increase

Just would like to know why do I pick up weight while using Lexamil 10mg?

Can I use Duromine 15mg together with Lexamil? Is it only temporarily the weight increase?

This, and the issue of sexual side-effects of antidepresants, seems to get asked almost every day. It bothers me that so many doctors seem to prescribe these drugs withou poperly disussing potential side-effects with people.
Some degree of weight gain is seen on most antidepressants in SOME of the people who take them, but not in all, and you may not experience this effect with another AD. Discuss this with your prescribing doc. I would NOT recommend combining it with Duromine at all.
Meanwhile, more attention to diet and exercise should also help

1