Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2012/03/07

Leukocytes in Urine

I have done a home urine test and the leukocytes are 2+. Is this something I should worry about? I had pre eclampsia in January and am a bit worried getting other kidney infections. So I have bought home urine tests. I always check for protein and now my protein is neg. but have a high amount of leucocytes is this just as bad? Please help?

Nicky

The absence of protein in your urine is a good sign. Leukocytes can however, be a sign of infection and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for urine analysis, as well as a culture of the urine, to exclude a bacerial infection.