Posted by: NALEDI | 2011-06-15

lets take a break

i want to know what does this mean " LETS TAKE A BREAK"  in a relationship ?

Yogi's got it right

Posted by: theguy | 2011-06-15

All the responses are correct. Phrases like these usually mean two things:

1) Lets break up for good
2) Something is going on I dont feel comfortable discussing with you and would rather pursue it alone, and if it doesnt work out, will come crawling back. In a lot of cases it involves another person.

One little piece of advice: This is never an acceptable way forward for a relationship. Rather break it off completely. I''ve known people stuck in the on-and-off cycle of taking breaks for''s a total waste of time and in most cases the relationship ends completely eventually...

Reply to theguy
Posted by: W | 2011-06-15

Spot on Yogi.

Reply to W
Posted by: yogi | 2011-06-15

It means, lets call the whole thing off... but I might come back if am not sucessful in my ventures.

Reply to yogi
Posted by: JEN | 2011-06-15

the person is scared to tell you straight that he/she wants to break up with you. " A break"  is a polite way of saying it.

Reply to JEN

Yogi's got it right