Question
Posted by: Mini | 2010/09/09

lets be honest

Doc, lets be honest. people who are on the high protein diet lose weight fast. theres this girl who lost 17 kgs in 2 months and shes keeping it off for months nw. i on the other hand im eating healthy low gi carbs and i lost 3kgs in 2 months. i mean doc lets face it? 3kgs? do u knw how frustating it is to see sum1 where you want to be? i mean i dnt eat white carbs at.

Dear Mini
There is no evidence that the girl in question would not also have lost a lot of weight with the low-GI diet. Each person has a different metabolism and will react differently to each one of the diets that are available. I am aware of the fact that some people lose masses of weight with a high-protein diet (a lot of this is water due to the diuretic effect of protein and ketosis), but I cannot as a responsible dietitian recommend any diet or procedure that can cause potential harm to my Readers. And the high-protein diets are potentially harmful. If you think that the diet you are using is not tailored to your metabolism you can always have a gene test done to determine if you are such an individual and to find out what type of diet and exercise you genetic makeup will react to most favourably. Contact DNAlysis at: info@dnalysis.co.za

1

Dear Mini