Question
Posted by: Sone Iori | 2012-08-30

Lethargy in Children

Hello Doc, my daughter is 8 years old, sleeps well and eats well. The past week she is dead-tired with huge dark circles under her eyes. What could be the cause? She still eats well and sleeps her usual 9-10 hours a night, but she wakes up tired and hardly gets through the day. She also started to complain about her body aching.

It is possible that your daughter has a viral infection. This will explain the tiredness, lack of energy and body ache. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests. Other possibilities may include anemia, childhood diabetes, parasitic infections etc.

1
Posted by: Narmen | 2012-09-15

Wow!! I loved your post! I live in Canada (and don''t get me started on our ptiolics! )) and I think every word that you have written was amazing!! I agree with you 100% on the health care issue and the Obama issue as well. I remember how Bush was koodoo''d in every way when he spent time with school classes, why is Obama being shot down? Are parents really that closed-minded that they don''t want to at least give their children the oppurtunity to form their own opinions on someone? Hearing the president speak as a child is a once in a lifetime thing - the parents should be fighting to be teacher''s helper that day so they can hear him too, not sheltering their child from life.

Reply to Narmen